Securus Technologies was founded in 1986, and its headquarters is in Dallas Texas. It has regional offices in Carrolton, Allen, and Atlanta. The company has served more than 1.2 million inmates in 48 states and approximately 3,400 correctional facilities. Secures technologies have a 24hr working both at the call center and technical support team. It boasts of having the largest team in the industry of up to 1300 associates national wide. Secures technologies boast of having over officers who are based near the facilities they serve.
Securus is one of the best high-tech software solutions that provides the leading edge in criminal justice solutions that improve public safety. It also provides a connection between:
- Family and friends of those incarcerated.
- Correctional facility personnel with critical information.
- It connects inmates to technology.
- Connecting dots for investigating leads.
By July 2016, the company had invested a total of $600 on technology and acquisitions. The company has made several acquisitions over the past five years. First, they acquired the Primonics at an unknown value that was in 2012. Later that year they purchased the DirectHit system. In 2013, they bought the Archonix system and Satellite tracking of people. In 2014 and 2015 they acquired, Telerus, JLG technology, Cellblox, Jpay and Guarded Exchange. This technology ensures smooth operation in the correctional facility.
Using the latest technology, Securus Technologies managed to introduce systems to control contraband cell phones in the cells. By 2016, Securus Managed Access solution, and it was approved by several departments of correctional facilities. In July 2016 Securus partnered with Harris Corporation on cell defender technology. Recently the company’s CEO said that “ they have created a broad product set in the corrections industry.”
The Securus Technologies have invested more on:
- Video visitation.
- Video analytics
- Integrated voice response system.
- Jail management system.
- Outsourced investigation services
- Mobile device cracking.
- GPS tracking of Parolees.
Securus Technology also invested in a core packet-switched centralized platform called SCP( secure calling platform). Due to this technology provided by Securus, they have been receiving several letters from the customers:
- The tools allow the officers to conduct investigations on complaints of harassment or a threat to the facilities security.”
- They are impressed with Securus vision, as their technology will enable proper investigation and jail security posture.
- They are happy to see that Securus are improving on technology and revolutionizing the incarceration environment and helping them to improve public safety in their jurisdiction.
- The customers are impressed by the use of LBS services, and it is enough to make them trust Securus technologies, and if they combine with investigator Pro, it cements itself as the leading jail phone provider in the business.
To conclude as you have seen the Securus Technology have a reason to boast as the best in this field, with the range of services they are providing we can conclusively label it as the future of our security.